Monday, December 8, 2008

You never fall out of love

It was positive!!!!!! The one thing I had prayed for all my life and the one thing I feared would never happen for me. It was the best news we had ever received. A baby! Our first baby! Never did I imagine my happiness would turn to tragedy...... I remember going to doctor bleeding and they did an ultrasound to check my status and there it was ......the heartbeat. Such a strong one at that. Everything was great. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes upon. Weeks went by , as we planned and thanked God for such an awesome blessing. Then it happened, that terrible night that I started hurting and bleeding profusely..... we went to the ER......they told me it was probably just a UTI but I knew better in my heart. I held on to that sonogram picture and vance for dear life.....they rolled me back to do another ultrasound and there in the midst of all my fear......a straight line. No heartbeat. I could still see my baby......all curled up in a ball. All I could do was ask "Why God, why did you take my baby?" Nothing made sense, nothing else mattered, my heart was broken and my whole body was numb. I held onto vance and my parents as I tried to understand it all. The next day I had surgery and all of our friends and family were there to cry and hold us and encourage us. That night we went home and everyone came with us.........we have such incredible people in our lives. That day was eye opening for me. I saw how easily life is given and how quickly it is taken away. That has been 3 years ago and since then Jasmine and Ariyah....my beautiful little girls......have made my life so complete. But,My sweet little baby yoda, I love you so very much and I never stop thinking of you. I will see you again one day and until I do........GOD Speed!

2 comments:

Vance said...

it scares me sometimes when were thinking about the exact same things. I looked up to see the date we lost our little baby yoda, just so I wouldnt forget. June 20th.....we should celebrate that day every year.

Jamie said...

you made me cry...I thought about baby yoda just the other day