Friday, March 6, 2009

Children's Hospital ER visit

Well, monday night Ariyah started running a temp of 103.7. She ran a temp all night and all day on Tuesday. Well Tuesday afternoon when she woke from her nap her temp was 104.7...way too high for me. So, I called Angel (my best friend and nurse at Childrens) she told me to give Ariyah two Tylenol rectal suppositories.... Motrin was not working and She wasn't able to take Tylenol suspension....vomited every time. Well Vance put her in a tub of luke warm water and she SCREAMED the whole time. She was miserable. Her pediatrician finally called me back and even after we got her fever down she was crying uncontrollably so she wanted us to take her to the ER. Its now 900 pm and we are off to the ER with a very sick baby. We get there and the waiting room is PACKED. THe wait if almost 2 hours.....but to my advantage Angel was working ...hehehehe......so she see's us, comes over to ck on Ariyah (we had been there maybe 30 min and just finished being triaged) the next thing I hear over the loud speaker was "Adcock, to the ER".......YAY!!! It was Angel calling us back. She wanted to be the nurse to tend to Ariyah since she knew her so well and I was very thankful that she was. She had to cath Ariyah for a urine sample and we had to do a chest x-ray. Everything came back normal and she was dx with a viral syndrome. I was happy to hear she was ok because it was rather scary there for a few hours. 

No comments: